Thursday, January 17, 2013

Clementine 3-D Wall Star


I love how this Star turned out and it is an actually piece of artwork that I made for teaching class at Convention Extravaganza 2012.
I used 4 different colors of card stock: New England Ivy, Creme Brulee, Saddle & Sorbet.
The techniques I used to create the shades on each of the stars points were as follows:
I heavily ink distressed each point with its matching ink, directly to the card stock.
I mixed the coordinating re-inker with a small amount of create-a-shade  pearl paint and a small amount of water to thin the paint out into a more translucent consistency.
I used the stipple brush from the texture tool kit & I brushed it in one direction only following the folds of the card stock.
I cute the center medallion from the Clementine Level 2 Paper Pack using the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge.
The word "Welcome" is the Houndstooth Dimensional Letters. I sponged them with Bamboo ink and attached them to the banner piece.
Lots of Bronze Durables, Ribbon & Hemp finished off this beautiful Star.
The finished size was over 24" across and to big to carry home after assembled, so I auctioned it off  at convention in my teaching booth to raise money for "Operation Smiles". I was thrilled that I was able to raise $90.00 for a very special cause. Creatively yours ~ Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment