Saturday, January 26, 2013

Operation Smiles


 
What a great charity that "Changes a Smile Forever"! In 2012, CTMH a contest in March that lasted for about 8 weeks & the challange was for convention attendee only.
You had to raise the most amount of money in that time frame & if you did you got a chance to travel with members from CTMH & Operation Smiles to a 3rd world country to help
with there operations for about 10 days.
I so wanted to do this, not just for the once in a lift time chance trip but to help change someone's life forever.
My aunt & cousin are RN's & have traveled with "Doctors without Boarders"many times
& I am so in awe of what they have done for so many people that it made me want to challange myself to make a difference in someone else's life too through "Operation Similes".
I sent out many letters & handmade cards to friends & family asking for their help.
 I was amazed by the support I received.
I received a letter from a corp. staff member right before convention saying that I was in the top five consultants that raised the most money & that they would be calling us to the stage to make the announcement.
But it was a secert & not to tell anyone. I was so excited at the chance.
 At convention,we were told that between the five of us we raised over $18,000. 
WOW is all I could say!
What an amazing accomplishment for just 5 people! I was not the winner of the Operation Smiles trip but was very happy & proud of myself that I could help change smiles for 72 people.
It only takes $240 per operation to make this happen.
If you would like to make a difference, go to www.victoria.ctmh.com to make a donation today to change someones life  forever.
You can go to My Shopping Cart  at the top right side of the page by Login, and add your donation to the My Shopping Cart check out page.
 
Thank you for your support ~ Creatively yours ~ Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment